So Mercys Bookish Musing has a video about this readathon and I was pretty intrigued. Autumn happens to be my favorite season like so many other people. It’s kind of ‘autumn’ in the south for months longer than anywhere else as well.
1. Read a gothic/spooky book – The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin is my pick for this. Look book 1 ended on a massive cliffhanger and has me thinking that it’s getting pretty creepy and spooky come book two. Book one review coming this week too! Amazon and goodreads links.
2. Read a nonfiction book that feels autumnal (I’m classing this as nature writing or cold location travel writing/memoir) – Not sure on this pick and I’m going to be watching some videos to find suggestions.
3. Read a novel set in a cold location – The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden is my pick for this. One i got it super cheap (1.99 for kindle yes!). The plot sounds really great and like a great read. Amazon and goodreads links.
4. Read a historical fiction novel – Hamilton’s Battalion: A Trio of Hamilton Romances is my pick for this. I’m a big fan of Hamilton and the premise of three stories centered around that time is just super exciting to me. Amazon and goodreads links for this one.
5. Read a short story collection – Saving this pick for later on in the readathon if I need it. I’m going to think about it later.
6. Read an adult novel about a young female protagonist recommendation video – Same as above.
So I’m here already reading. I started Hamilton’s Battalion at midnight last night and am enjoying the first story so far. I plan to finish the first one and half of the second book next week.
Are you participating in this readathon? Let me know below so I can check out your TBR!