This year I’m on already track for my 100 books, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want to maximize. I’ve been attempting to finish the Read Harder challenge this year so I need to be sure I’m picking something to complete the challenges. I’ll do a post soon recapping my progress and picks so far for Read Harder this month.
My selected read harder picks this month:
- Read an all age comic
- Nimona by Noelle Stevenson – Sitting on my bookshelf and really waiting for me to dive in
- Read a book about war
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein – plenty of my friends have raved about this book that this challenge seems like the perfect way to force myself to read it.
- Read a YA or Middle grade novel by an author who identifies as LGBTQ*
- If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo I’m not ready to sit and cry but I am so excited to read this. I know it’s going to be a crying mess of a book but sometimes you need that.
- Read a classic author of color
- Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison I got this for free from audible last year and I’m really interested in listening while I work soon.
- Read a LGBTQ* romance novel
My regular picks for this month are as follows
- The Day of the Duchess by Sarah MacLean a series I’m addicted to and so excited for the next one in this series. Go read these they are amazing.
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas it’s been sitting on my audible list for a while now. I really want to wrap this chunk of the trilogy up now rather than later.
- The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco is my last pick since I have to finish it for next month’s book club. I’m pretty excited for it though as a middle grade necromancy witchy book!
What will you be reading in July? Let me know in the comments!